Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I HAVE C1241 DISPLAYING AND RECENTLY HAD NEW RACK AND PINION

Customer Question

I HAVE C1241 DISPLAYING AND RECENTLY HAD NEW RACK AND PINION AND TIE RODS AND CV JOINTS. TRIED TO GET A COMPANY TO RESET THE SWPS AND THERE MACHINE COULDNT RESET . IS THIS THE PROBLEM OR IT IS THE VES SOLENOID?
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: SORRY. 2003 DEVILLE
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I HAVE HAD THE MOTOR PULLED AND ALL GASKETS/SEALS/ETC REPLACED. ALL THE RACK AND PINION STUFF AND MORE. AND IM TOTALLY FRUSTRATED WITH THE CODE
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: HAD A MECHANIC DO ALL THE WORK I JUST LISTED. I DONT WANT TO HAVE THEM LOWER THE STEERING WHEEL AGAIN IF NOT NECESSARY BECUZ I JUST HAD AN ALIGNMENT DONE LAST THURSDAY. YES IT IS. IDK, LOL. V8 SOMETHING
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: CAN U TELL I AM A FEMALE , LOL
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO THATS ALL. ALSO DIDNT KNOW I WAS GONNA PAY $5 PLUS AN ADDTL$22 ON THIS SITE EITHER
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I dont want ur help any longer. I was under the impression for the $5 donation I would actually have someone answer my question "during this conversation live" as u portray it to be live. I shoud have know otherwise.
Expert:  eric remington replied 1 month ago.

these type of problems can be time consuming? what did your mechanic say who installed all the parts? was the code there prior to replacement of these components?

If you no longer require assistance you can contact customer service