Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

A bouncy rear on my 2013 Escalade Esv, Taking it to a

a bouncy rear on my...
a bouncy rear on my 2013 Escalade Esv
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade ESV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taking it to a mechanic to scan the codes tomorrow
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I don't know if it even has a code. No warnings on the dash display
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It just started this. It wasn't always this way
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/14/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, is the vehicle sitting lower than usual in the rear?

No

normally if its bouncy in the rear with air suspension, the bags have leaks. have you noticed the compressor running more than normal?

Not at all

ok, I will opt out and let another tech help out. there is no reason it should be more bouncy other than the airbags leaking. good luck

Thanks
The vehicle rides very rough in the rear. It is like the suspension is not reacting to bumps in the road. I describe it as bouncy. It is an ESV. Very long.
Marvin the Mechanic
Marvin the Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician

It sound like one of the rear shocks has seized. To check this you need to bounce the rear of the vehicle. Get someone to watch the tires. Stand on the rear bumper and bounce with all of your weight on one side then the other side. Bounce it hard. The tire should stay on the ground. If the tire seems to be hopping off the ground the that shock is the problem. Check both sides

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Marvin the Mechanic
Marvin the Mechanic
Marvin the Mechanic