Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery in 2008 Cadillac CTS went dead. In process of trying…

Customer Question
Battery in 2008 Cadillac...

Battery in 2008 Cadillac CTS went dead. In process of trying to remove or jump battery, system shut down completely. Trunk is locked and we can't even get in it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No. We tried to remove it and couldn't. Then we tried to jump it by removing cables. That's when system locked down. We've been told that we'll have to have it towed to a dealership, but how can it even be towed if it's locked in park?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

The car wouldn't start this morning. So we were going to try to take the battery somewhere to have it tested. In the process, the system locked down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it. We need to get the system unlocked somehow.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
9/15/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

A vehicle can be towed in park. They just drag it onto a rollback, at that slow speed it does not hurt the tires or transmission. They can also manually shift it out of park. If you get power to the vehicle it will then allow you to open the trunk. Connect jumper cables to the large terminal on the alternator and the black ground to the engine or chassis.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician