Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Replaced fuel pump at dealership, The same day I picked it

Customer Question

Replaced fuel pump at dealership, The same day I picked it up we went to lunch came out and the car would not start. Called the dealer they towed the car. They called today and said the fuse box with the fuel relay over heated and will have to be replaced. The car is a 2008 Cadillac devilled DTS no problems before this. I dont think they checked the amps after installing the new pump.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 80,000
JA: Are you fixing your 80 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no they want $500.00 I just paid them 900
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The car always started normally,
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.
Hey how are youI agree with you , they shout have done a parasitic drain test before replacing any parts , $900 to begin with on fuel pump is high would be $500
The fuse box issue is not uncommon but usualy see it on higher mileage ,any after market parts on vehicle ,like radio, lights remote start etcDid they scan it and give fault code report on receipt ,do you see the faults on them what are they

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat