Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I am looking for the left and right side door and fender

I am looking for the left and right side door and fender bump molding for a 1991 black Eldorado Cadillac.
JA: Are you fixing your Eldorado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I need the parts for my local body shop.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also need the switch for the moon roof.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately since this is an older model vehicle here the parts usually are not available new anymore.GM usually stops making uncommon parts after the vehicle is 10 years old.The parts usually have to be obtained used then sanded and repainted.I deal with body shops all of the time that have to do this unfortunately due to them not being able to find them new.

The best place I have found to find these parts used is at http://www.car-part.com.Just enter your vehicle info and what you are looking for then a list will come up on who has the part and the cost and the salvage yards contact info to order the parts.In some cases you will not be able to look up the parts specifically so you would have to look up something close to the part.Like fender or bumper then call the facilities that have it and let them know what you are looking for and they will usually have those parts.In some cases you might be able to find them in the same color for your vehicle with no repainting needed.If you have already tried this web site above with no success let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried this with no success. What are my other options?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not think we need to speak.

You tried the above web site and you were not able to locate the parts you need at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Correct

Unfortunately that is the only facility I know of myself that would have been able to locate the parts for you.I will hare to see if anyone else can help further here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Pete.

This is a really tough request. There are no companies making replacement trim pieces like you're talking about for a 91 Eldorado. New old stock is long gone, and there isn't enough demand for any company to start making them.

I also looked at car-part (an excellent resource, by the way) and found nothing. Short of finding yourself another 91 Eldorado to scavenge parts from, I don't think there is going to be a resource for these impossible to find parts.

Please take the time to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. If you have further questions, I am happy to follow up with you.

Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.