Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

U1300, 2003 cts 3.2, I am fixing it myself. I tried the ecm

Customer Question

u1300
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2003 cts 3.2
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing it myself. I tried the ecm originally because the ecm was resetting during cranking. Now I have this problem where the theft system will not unlock and the U1300 on the ECM. Voltage levels on the buss are only about 6 1/2 volts average with fluctuation during the transmit packets.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  eric remington replied 1 month ago.

You need a scanner that is sophisticated to communicate with antitheft system bcm

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have an autel maxsys elite. My question was regarding voltage levels on the class two data bus. Will a 6.5 volt level on the bus throw a 1300 error.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the U1300 error is the the ecm. Random modules have a u1000 error. They are not positioned together. Lots of modules fail with U1000 while the next in the chain has no fault.

I suppose it would depend if it was meant to be a 12 volt circuit at the time. So you have scanned all modules and all you get isa u 1300 code? is that the only code you need info for? the buses are shared circuits so its hard to say

too big a voltage for a five volt circuit too small for a 12 volt. I would stick with trying to diagnose the codes and after that you may not get 6.5 voltages....

ss do an all module scan and list all codes and lets go from there

your question had to do with voltage levels?

alldata doesn't list an u 1300...doesn't mean it doesn't exist it just means I don't have info so I will let another expert help