Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Cue system screen is frozen. Nothing happens when icons

Customer Question

Cue system screen is frozen. Nothing happens when icons pressed. I have tried resetting but it is unsuccessful. I know this is a defect in the Cue system that has plagued many Cadillac owners. Cannot afford to replace it. Just out of warranty.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2013 SRX
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I plan to take it in to the dealership for a diagnostic tomorrow. However, they have already said that generally, Cadillac will not help any with this if it is out of warranty. It is an essential part of the vehicle. Probably could not sell it with the Cue system not working, but would not want to keep it either.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just need best advice as to how to proceed if they say the system has to be replaced.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 month ago.

Talk to service manager, he has the authority to repair this under warranty, under a goodwill policy. If he refuses to do so, ask him for the Cadillac customer service 800 number, he'll give it to you. Call them and open a case, their first call will be to his phone to ask him why he won't authorize it under goodwill policy.

With enough squeaking into the Cadillac customer service hotline, you will likely get this repaired under warranty at no charge to you.

Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 22 days ago.

Did you get this handled?