roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years of retail operations working on all vehicles.
3506196

I have the same problem with my 01 Deville. I changed the

I have the same problem with my 01 Deville. I changed the Fuel pressure regulator and the fuel filter. The light stayed off for 41 miles then came back on. Further testing suggested the O2 senors. But they are fine. The next test available is the fuel pump. Pressures are running within tolerance but I still need to run the test of the fuel pump. Any other ideas besides a head gasket?

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

what is the exact issue you have???

what is the code you have???

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
0174 and 0174 Engine service soon light. As I mentioned i replaced the fuel pressure sending unit and the light went off for 41 miles. I have checked the O2 senors and my next step is the fuel pump. It may even be the manifold gasket.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
0171 and 0174

causes for them

1. vacuum leak

2. pcv valve

3. mass air flow sensor

4. low fuel pressure

check these

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do

keep me updated

Please take a moment and rate my service 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts. We only get paid when you accept our answers

Roy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can not read your messages

can you read this response

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I do not want to pay for this service. A vacuum leak is a very wide area to cover and I read this myself online. I figured that I would get an answer from some guru that new what he was talking about and have an answer that would be brilliant. I found the problem and it was a gasket from the intake manifold to the engine. Cadillac mech found it in 5 minutes.

he had the advantage of seeing the car. I do not. you are my eyes and ears. how do you exspect me to diag something I cannot see or touch?? I gave you the ideas of the possibilities. then it goes to you to either check them yourself or have someone check it. all the possibilities I gave you are common failures.

Roy