EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

I'm in central Florida, yesterdays hurricane has flooded

Customer Question

I'm in central Florida, yesterdays hurricane has flooded many of the roads down here. Went through three stretches of road [email protected]" of water when I saw the water was about a foot deep I backed out and my car was running very poorly and the shift points are off shifts hard and Early! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Al
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: Recently replaced, I have not had any problems before I tried to drown it. Sorry but I had no other option.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2003 cts 3.2
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, Jacked it up, hoping to find a vacuum hose, or elec. Connection loose.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I really need to get to work in the morning. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Did you check the air filter? You may have ingested water and got some on the Mass air flow sensor. Check the air filter and see if it is wet.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Checked the air filter, it's dry, but it started acting up when a 4X4 passed me and covered my car with water. It's very likely that I took some water in at that time . I have reset the computer and am waiting for my k&n filter to dry, it was quite dirty.

You should probably at least check the mass air flow sensor. Remove it and inspect the wires for any debris or wetness.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.