Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have on an advanced scanner codes p0008 and p0017 and

I have on an...

I have on an advanced scanner codes p0008 and p0017 and p0017 and they reappear after clearing them out . the car picks up well on a cick down up till a certain high rpm when you experience a cut off in power which gets resumed once you ease the accelerator pedal a little . further we have had to change some injectors on the cts 2008 three times now while they get faulty and white smoke appesrs from the exhaust and we find that these faulty injectors are wide open for excess fuel into the manifold . further upon starting the cold engine you hear for seconds a backfire sound which goes later

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

For few thouand miles regarding the cick down problem but the injectors problem goes away when we change them . mechanic says timing chains and gears and tensioners have to be changed to fix the problem . i do not know if it is a proper diagnosis

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No a mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could the problem be simpler than what the mechanic claims

9/11/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

i can help you with it , Can you send me vin #

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

VIN IS:
1G6DR57V48018

hey ,are you in Lebanon :)

I m Lebanese American ,was born there .

Hey i need 17 vin# ***** enough number ,you sent 13 #

or tell me make ,year ,model and engine

i know Cadilac ,but what year and model

the screen only show cadi

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

It is a 2008 CTS RWD with a 3.6 liter gasoline engine with automatic transmission . The car idles well with no hesitation and accelerates well when the injectors are new but upon cick down it picks up very well even on a steep slope with good power up till it reaches a high RPM and then it cuts off as if the fuel pump is not supplying fuel but when you ease the accelerator pedal it changes to the lower gear and is good again . Pressure of the pump is good . We changed the pump and is still with the same problem and the mentioned codes appear on the scanner each time we clear them off .
Dear Chad
I believe you have enough information by now to be able to answer me . The four remaining numbers if added to the rhs of the vin I sent you would be part of the serial number of the car and will not change the main info of the first thirteen letters/ digits .
Kindly tell me if I'm to expect an answer or it a back and forth issue . I am not ready to call on the phone and pay an additional 26 dollars added to the 26 I already paid before .
Thanks and regards

I understand what you saying ,unfortunately my system requires all 17 to look it up

I will opt out of the question & open it for other expert to assist you

maybe they can look it up that way

please do not reply back to me since it will lock question back to me and other expert want see it to assist you further

good luck with it

Ivan Alvarez

H​ello, it seems you may have multiple issues. As far as the codes that return it does have to do with the timing components. If the cam sensors have been checked and ruled out then that would leave the mechanical side of things which is the guides tensioner and chain. On these cars it doesn't take much for he timing to be off and set codes. They can still run and have power but will set the codes after reving them up. For the injector issue again the electrical needs to be ruled out first. The pcm is what controls the pulse on injectors with certain sensor inputs. Has your mechanic tested pcm function for the injectors?

Is there any other info you need?

Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician

Hello!

I am a GM Certified Technician...

When you have a P0008 present, you have a bad timing chain period. You will never get rid of that code without doing it...

P0008 is a code for chain alignment to the sensors. It cant be anything else.

Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Anthony
Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician