Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Daylight lights work but when the headlight switch is pulled

Customer Question

Daylight lights work but when the headlight switch is pulled they go off also when the highbeam lever is pulled the lights go off.both relays for the headlights have been changed..
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: All fuses have been checked and one marker bulb on the drivers side is out (even checked the fuse block in the trunk)...
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Cadilac deville 1997..
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced both headlight relays and checked all fuses, both fuse blocks have been checked....
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

DO you understand how to read wire diagrams and use a volt meter so we can do some testing?