Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

There is no sound coming from my Cadillac SRX - not the

Customer Question
There is no sound...

There is no sound coming from my Cadillac SRX - not the radio, the turn signals,nothing that uses sound on the car is working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No, i spoke to one cadillac tech and he said he rhought the amplifier was 'asleep.' he told me what to do (unhook the negative cable from the battery, wait, then rehook - it should reprogram everything_ that did not work. He said not to mess with the fuse, to take it in to dealership for testing. Are their cadillac bulletins regarding the SRV-no sound issue? I seem to see alot of this on the internet.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your SRX?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

See previous response. No, I plan on taking it in to dealership tomorrow morning. However, I have seen some reference to technical bulletins on this issue and wanting to bring those in to dealership.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
9/10/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

There are a couple of bulletins to allow a dealer to reprogram the radio with their computer for sound issues as well as other possible issues that can occur.The bulletin numbers are

# PI0285D

09-08-44-020C

I would have this checked first.If the issue is not resolved and all functions do work with the radio but there is no sound then this usually does indicate the sound amp is at fault needing replaced.I have had to replace the sound amp several times before in the past for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician