Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Trouble with my G55 autoride suspension system. Nothing to

Trouble with my G55 autoride suspension system
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: nothing to do with fluid
JA: What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: 2006 Escalade
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Apparently something happened which caused the air pump to not shut off and blew up my air shocks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that has to be done here is to have the fault codes checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can read all computers in your model to see what codes are set in the suspension computer.There will be at least one code set to help locate this fault.This could have been an issue with the compressor itself stuck on ( compressor failure is common ) or a faulty with a level sensor sending a false signal.If you can get me the code info this will help me to help you try and pinpoint this issue here just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there not a safety valve that will allow pressure to blow off. I found that the new pump I had installed had a faulty plug on the dryer which would have not allowed whatever these wires do to send signal. The pump put so much pressure on the shocks therubber bladder burst and the shock rods snapped. Can I get this scan tool from a parts store or must I take to a dealer?

Yes,there is an exhaust valve.The valve is part of the compressor assembly.Most likely it was not allowing the exhaust valve to open to allow air pressure bleed off.

I would repair the wires if you can or parts warranty the pump you purchased from the facility you got it from for another one at no charge to you and replace the damaged shocks.Then you will need to have a scan tool that can communicate with the air suspension computer used to clear codes from this computer.The suspension system will not operate properly until the codes are cleared out.This is a higher end scan tool usually a parts store wont have but you can check with them.This is usually a scan tool that is $1000 or more to purchase as usually the cheaper scan tools will only communicate with the engine and brake computers.I can send you a link to a scan tool to purchase that would work but keep in mind it is near $1000.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had replaced my original shocks that were no good with Arnott air shocks. Is this brand any better than the many other brands I see for sale?

Arnott shocks are good shocks and some claim they are better then factory.I would go with the Arnott or factory to be safe.The safest shock is factory as it is specifically designed for your model where in some cases the Arnott may be designed for more then one model.But you can go either way with these here.Monroe shocks are good as well.

Thanks Pete