Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

When I turn on the heated seats, the light comes on for a

Customer Question

When I turn on the heated seats, the light comes on for a few seconds and then goes off.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The heated seat lights on the dash they consist of three bars of declining length.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2013 SRX
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since the car is out of warranty, I would like to know if there is a simple fix before I take it to a dealership.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So thats a fairly complicated system but it does have a seat module that can be reset by removing the battery cables, you can do this by removing the negative then positive, touch both cables together and let sit for 30 mins and re connect positive then negative