sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have awith a ding in the chrome trim that surrounds the

Customer Question

I have a*****with a ding in the chrome trim that surrounds the radiator opening. How difficult is it to replace and where do you start? I have some mechanical skills and a neighbor hood boy willing to help. I have only owned the car a month and am not familiar with Cadillacs procedures.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your CT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only if it is fairly straight forward. I have done nothing so far, except get a price on the replacement part.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

How difficult the job is depends on the ability and comfort level of the person doing the work. This wouldn't be difficult for a technician with experience, the tools and a hoist, but is more than a novice would usually consider easy. The bumper cover needs to be removed to remove and replace the grille surround, which would most likely be a 4-5hour job for someone working on the ground without a hoist, especially if they have never done this sort of thing.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!