Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What is location of navagation DVD cadillac 2012 SRX, not…

Customer Question
What is location of...

What is location of navagation DVD cadillac 2012 SRX

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Cadillac SRX. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Not now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/9/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Here is the radio wiring diagram, it should show the locations of the different items of the radio system and dvd, navigation.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Need to know how to install DVD in nav system

How to install the actual DVD disc?

i have new dvd and want to install

have you found/located the dvd player?

the regular DVD slot in front?

The information you want is most likely in the owners manual, which I have provided here, https://my.cadillac.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2012/cadillac/srx/2012_cadillac_srx_owners.pdf

It starts at 7-5.

already checked it isn't specific or detailed

Try to eject anything in there and then if nothing comes out try to slide the dvd into the slot. Shown as K in the diagram on page 7-5.

Once you get the dvd in a little, the player should grab it and pull it in all the way.

what are the steps before and after putting the DVD in the player,also is it the same as regular slot or is it a differnt
location

Press eject to make sure none is already in there, the slot is the same as the cd. Put the dvd in and push gently until the player grabs it and pulls it in.

look at that diagram on page 7-5, the cd/dvd slot is K.

Doesnt the Nav DVD stay in system?

I don't know that answer. I would assume it just uses the information off the DVD and install it, then save it so you can remove the DVD and play other DVD's or CD's.

I will try tomorrow.....hope it works

The OnStar begins on page 14-1.

did that work?

I assume you got it working.

Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Once you insert the DVD it should show any instructions on the screen.