Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

My 99 deville won't start sporatically, no clean, not really

Customer Question
my 99 deville won't start...
my 99 deville won't start sporatically
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no clean
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not really i just bought it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/5/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Amedee, Cadillac Technician replied 3 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Cadillac Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry you are having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you don't understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Does the check engine light come on at all?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Does the engine crank over and not start or does it not crank over when this happens?

it does not crank over. I can hear the fuel pump come on. code wise i have had 122,171 174,1553 ALL HISTORY AND 1126 CURRENT

So it does not crank over right now?

May I start by getting your VIN?

1G6KD54Y1XU802749
DOES NOT CRANK OVER
Thank you for that information. Have you checked the inputs to the starter relay?
no
I would recommend to do that next. The relay needs to powers and one ground to operate. This of course is with the key in the crank position, so you will need an assistant to help with this. Let me know!
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician