Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

The "service" light isn't on but, the exhaust smells like it

is running rich. JA: Do you...
The "service" light isn't on but, the exhaust smells like it is running rich.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: The only trouble code I have is for the air ride/ stability system.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Cadillac Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2002 Escalade EXT
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade EXT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has over 200K miles
9/4/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

A scan of the engine data will tell if there is anything out of line by reading the fuel trims and sensor data. Most parts stores have scan tools to loan out.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor