Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Where is the Engine temperature sender located? Coolant

Where is the Engine temperature...
Where is the Engine temperature sender located?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?
Customer: Coolant Level is good. Mileage: 57000 Car parked all night, Display Center Message indicates engine is over temperature
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: Car is 2011 CTS Performance Coupe
JA: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far only disconnected battery. Which resets the message. When the message is active and the car started, runs rough, AC disabled...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I really just want to confirm the location of the temperature sender so I can replace it.
8/28/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

May I have the engine size in your vehicle?

3.6L V6

Great. Thank-you. Please give me one moment to upload the image location view of the ECT. Be right back...

Thanks for holding!
The ECT is located on the left side of the engine, about mid-way down, towards the front of the engine. For an image location view, click here: https://goo.gl/ZMjhoN

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Thank you & Have a Great Day!

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Have a great day!

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -