Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Had to replace the radiator in my 1996 Cadillac Deville, due

Customer Question

Had to replace the radiator in my 1996 Cadillac Deville, due to the right side fan popped out of the gromet at the bottom where it slides in. When I replaced it with a new one, the fan did the same thing, so I sealed the the cords on the outside with some PC metal epoxy, on the outside where the fan had rubbed a couple of the cords. Then after letting it cure for several hours I put it back in and filled the radiator with antifreeze, it still had a small dribble, which was like you left the failucet and on and was just a small dripping, I then went to NAPA and got a repair leak sealant made by K& W called fiberlock and followed the directions, it stopped the leak, but the engine is still running hot, at about 240 and up to where the info center tells me to idle then it pops up with stop engine! What would be causing this?
JA: How old are the hoses? And just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?
Customer: There is no more
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: leak and I don't know how old the horse are as I'm the third owner, and the car only has 112000 on it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure at this point?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Don - Mo Lurch replied 1 month ago.

IF the engine overheated the first time, it doesn't take much to cause the Head Gasket to leak Internally.
IF the engine has "never" overheated, the Thermostat may be stuck, caused from drying out when you replaced the Radiator.
Prior to any Repair, I would have a "reputable" Radiator Shop perform a Gas & Pressure Test to see if there is a Internal Leak going out the Exhaust, caused from a Head Gasket Leak

apprx 1 hour labor.

.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved..

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.

Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.

clearly there still must be a problem
You have read my answer & not responded

please respond so I can help further, or at least let me know what you found
Rating answer is what was agreed on
.