Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have 2016 Escalade ESV with 20k miles and it idles rough

Hi I have 2016 Escalade...
Hi I have 2016 Escalade ESV with 20k miles and it idles rough which doesn't seem normal unlike other cars that I have drivent which have all been smooth. I read online about changing the motor mounts or adjusting them.
8/22/2017
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

There are 2 bulletins released on this year and model for this fault.The first is loose spark plug wires at the spark plugs.I would go through each plug wire and make sure they are seated properly.If this is o.k. the other issue is carbon build up on the valves.In this case a carbon clean needs done usually with a machine to correct this fault.

I dont suspect this is a motor mount issue as this is a fairly new vehicle but you can have them checked to see if any are worn or collapsed needing replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I'll check the spark plugs but you really think this is a carbon build up it started doing this around 10k.

Usually it isnt with low mileage like this but if it is driven in town at low speeds with allot of stop and go driving it is possible that the issue is carbon build up.

I would check the plug connections and if found to be o.k. then it would be a good idea to have the mounts checked for any issues.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

The vehicle idles just fine in Park but when I put it in gear it'll misfire.

When put in gear this puts a load on the mounts and spark components as the transmission is then engaged to the engine.So it can still be either of these as the cause here.

I would have these checked to see if the fault can be pinpointed.

Thanks Pete

Do you recommend that I use Seafom?

You can try it if you want but if this is under warranty still I recommend allowing a dealer to re check and repair this under warranty at no charge to you.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician
Pete, Cadillac Technician