Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The dash is showing "Reduced engine power" and the check…

Customer Question
The dash is showing...

The dash is showing "Reduced engine power" and the check engine light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It blinked last night but when I started it this morning, the light was off. On the way from from tonight the same thing happened.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2007 cadillac cts 6 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything. I'm going to take it to a shop

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cadillac
8/11/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 11 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name in Nelson, and I have been a licensed automotive technician for over 12 years now and currently working at a Toyota dealership.

Are you able to scan the check engine light before you take it into the shop? If so I might be able to help you find a solution or explain what may be happening to cause the reduced engine power.

I can take it to a parts store and them scan it
Cadillac Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 11 months ago

ok let me know what they retrieve from the vehicle