Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need to replace 2007 cadillac srx 4 alternator, I bought a…

Need to replace 2007...

Need to replace 2007 cadillac srx 4 alternator

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Cadillac SRX. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I bought a ne w battery, it got me home and I took it out an am trickle charging the new batter in case of drain

8/8/2017
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** just looking for the instructions for replacing the alternator?

any tips or tricks.

which engine do you have in this?

3.6 v6 AWD

ok, these are easy to replace, you just remove the drive belt, then disconnect the battery, and the electrical plug from the alternator, then there are 3 bolts holding the alternator on, remove these and the alternator comes straight out, below is a picture showing these three bolts,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Is there a reason you wont rate me?? I do not get paid unless you do?

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
I'm at work and will rate you for sure. Thanks for your help
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH