Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radio will not turn on and the screen just black. No light…

Customer Question
Radio will not turn...

Radio will not turn on and the screen just black. No light what so ever coming from the screen

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yup

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2010 srx awd luxury

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled the 15a fuse for the radio and it seemed fine but I put the spare in it's place anyway. Then I checked the infotainment and that was good too

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I pulled the amp/radio 25a fuse as well just to check

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 2 days by:
8/8/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 11 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

The first thing I would do is disconnect both battery cables, hold the cables together for ten seconds or so, then reconnect them and see if that solves the problem. This forces all of the computers in the car to restart, and solves many problems like this.

If that doesn't work......

This needs some scan tool diagnosis, with a high end scan tool. I'd want to see if the radio is communicating on the data circuit, it may have completely died.

If so, it's a matter of just checking power and ground to the radio connector, then replacing/programming the radio. Not an inexpensive fix, if you aren't up to the disassembly and diagnosis of electrical issues, I'd refer this to a good repair shop/the dealer. It's more likely than not that the radio needs to be replaced.

Please take a moment to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to follow up with you.

K thanks. I'll do that. I have my own scan tool. I'll let you know how it goes

Excellent, look forward to hearing from you!