Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a '86 Cadillac Cimarron 2.8 engine. Engine cranks and

Customer Question
I have a '86 Cadillac...
I have a '86 Cadillac Cimarron 2.8 engine. Engine cranks and has a hard time starting. After it starts it idles rough and there is a bit of lost power.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: it fluctuates
JA: Are you fixing your Cimarron yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have had the coil replaced. I replaced the MAF sensor, O2 sensor new wires, plugs, cap & rotor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is about all
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cadillac
8/6/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi, my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Verify you have good fuel supply pressure and no leaks between the tank and pump. Verify the fuel filter is not restricted and the pump is functioning properly. Other causes to look for would be low compression, timing, Faulty distributor, firing order incorrect if after replacing cap rotor and wires. Let me know

Cadillac Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help and I will be glad to help further. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson