Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery drains over night, don't think it's

Customer Question
Battery drains over night ...

Battery drains over night

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Don't think it's battery...security system is messed up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

1999 Cadillac DeVille d'elegance

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

Our local mechanics had the car for 5 days and gave up. I notice mention of fan coming on at will and so does mine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It all started when I opened the trunk and my purse interfered as it was opening causing trunk lid to bounce two or three times...then information center went crazy (which it does now and then)

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
8/5/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

The firt place we would need to start would be a draw test on the system to pinpoint any problems