Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a 2001 cad. catera that stopped on me,you can wait…

Customer Question
I have a 2001 cad...
I have a 2001 cad. catera that stopped on me,you can wait for 5 min. and it will restart and run for 5 to 8 min. then stopes again. you can do this over and over
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cadillac
8/5/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to die and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. You may be losing spark, fuel, it's possible that the engine controller itself may be going down due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?

There's no codes showing up .I have fuel pressure at the intake .one person said it is the E C M sense it's not giving me a code

What is the actual fuel pressure reading?
Have you checked for spark?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician