sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2001 cad. catera that stopped on me,you can wait

Customer Question

I have a 2001 cad. catera that stopped on me,you can wait for 5 min. and it will restart and run for 5 to 8 min. then stopes again. you can do this over and over
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to die and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. You may be losing spark, fuel, it's possible that the engine controller itself may be going down due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There's no codes showing up .I have fuel pressure at the intake .one person said it is the E C M sense it's not giving me a code

What is the actual fuel pressure reading?
Have you checked for spark?