Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My engine light is on ever since I purchased gas. Also, my

Customer Question

My engine light is on ever since I purchased gas. Also, my 2010 Cadillac SRX was sluggish to start after filling up.
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: No. My vehicle has not stalled. It starts and runs fine but is sluggish only when gas fill up.
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have an appointment to take it in this Saturday.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: One other crazy thing happened. All my CDs that have been recorded disappeared. When I tried to re-record one, it said it had already been recorded. Where are they?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

This most likely means the purge solenoid is stuck open. The purge solenoid allows fuel vapor back into engine to help reduce emissions, if it is stuck open it will allow too much fuel vapor into engine causing it to run rough after filling tank. This i about a $300 job to have done at a shop depending on where you go. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.