Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My rear view camera is distorted. I think that moisture got…

Customer Question
My rear view camera...

My rear view camera is distorted. I think that moisture got into the housing.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2012 SRX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything. I would like to fix it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can I just remove the camera housing and dry it out?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 2 days by:
8/6/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If there is moisture in the reverse camera assembly then replacement would be required. It is a sealed assembly and if moisture is inside then it has been compromised.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. What is involved in replacing the camera?

The liftgate center applique (the part the camera is mounted to) is removed and then the camera removed from it. The liftgate trim panel will need to be removed to do so, the repair calls for .7 our of labor.