Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I had a low pressure fuel pump replaced in May 2017 on a

Customer Question

I had a low pressure fuel pump replaced in May 2017 on a 2011 SRX because the car stalled out at a stop light and would not restart. Code was P069E. They also replaced the fuel pump sensor and the battery.
This past Saturday (2 Months later) the same thing happened again… stalled out at a stop sign and would not restart (Code P069E). Now the shop is saying that I need a high pressure fuel pump, a Bank 1 Intake Camshaft Solenoid, and a battery fuse block with cable.
My concern is that they are saying the 2 incidents are unrelated. My view is that the original issue was misdiagnosed.
I am also concerned that it is still misdiagnosed as I feel the issue may be more likely related to a sensor or computer due to the following…The night of the 2nd stall, my husband and I spent about 30mins repeatedly checking the OBD reader and getting a different code sequences everytime. The most common reading was P069E with a pending P0004. This reading showed up about 4 times.However each of the other readings varied between P069E, P0011, P023F, P0004 and sometimes it would say “0 codes found” and the check engine light would go out by itself. Most of them altering when we tightened or loosened the gas cap.
Could the GM Recall on 2013 SRX for stalling (3-4 second transmission lag) apply to the 2011? The description describes my car to the tee.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Are you needing the diagnostic steps for thes code to see what can be to blame for this code?