Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just changed the fuel filter on my 2009 cadillac sts, now…

Customer Question
I just changed the...

I just changed the fuel filter on my 2009 cadillac sts, now it won't start, it just clicks

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

Yea, on right rear

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, just changed the fuel filter. It won't turn over now it just clicks. At first it started then it died and now the starter won't even try

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
7/30/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. Sounds like you need a battery, have you had it checked for proper CCA's?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Battery is fine, now won't even click. Has something to do with anti theft system

Do you have security lights coming on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Only when you press lack button on fob

SO what makes you think its a security thing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dic