ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  26 year GM master tech
19513769

Service stabilitrak light comes on. Service traction control

Customer Question

Service stabilitrak light comes on. Service traction control light comes on. Reduced engine power
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Cadillac Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 09 escalade
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes will.have to fix myself. Out of town sitting at a hotel
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  ggrote1 replied 2 months ago.

does both messages come on at the same time ?

how is it running and driving ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Go8ng back out to vehicle now
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 2 months ago.

ok let me know

usually with reduced power message there is an issue with the throttle body or gas pedal that the computer saw a bad reading and puts the truck into reduced power

this is usually cause by a bad connection at the throttle body or the gas pedal or a bad throttle body or gas pedal assembly

some times this is a glitch where if you start it back up or disconnect the battery cables for 5 minutes it will be ok enough to drive it back and then go into the shop

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  ggrote1 replied 2 months ago.