Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

My battery dies after 3 to 4 hours like something is on and

Customer Question
my headlight only comes on...
My battery dies after 3 to 4 hours like something is on and my headlight only comes on when I'm in drive or reverse. I got a new head light switch baterry still died
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Yes all was good
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 1996 deville
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I check all the fuse I look at the the ground cable to the alternator. When it's running the battery voltage is 13.2 but it's saying service air ride soon check transmission and theft it made not start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it Ok
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cadillac
7/28/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

the 13.2 is low when running ,we need to see the 14 plus volts when runningif the altenator is charging

does the 13.2 volts when running holds at 13.2 if you trun all loads on like radio ,ac flasher headlight or keep droping down ?

if the abttery is not charging and or altenator not charging it it will cause all the ysystem to failrt like air ride ,teft etc,,, so when we fix the chatrging issue i m siure all that will go away

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat