Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

The air condition works for not at full force. Do I simply

Customer Question

The air condition works for not at full force. Do I simply add coolant. I have a 2007 Escalde
JA: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: The car has 270,000 miles but I had new engine and transmission installed at 265,000 miles
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2007 Cadiac Escalade
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Normally I have my mechanic repair all issues with the car. I recently moved and have not yet found a new mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for holding!

If the A/C is "cool" but not "cold" this could be due to a couple of different reasons. This could be the case of low refrigerant levels. However, the A/C system is under a vacuum, so if the refrigerant is low, it's usually due to a leak in the system. Refrigerant should not dissipate of become low without a reason. So, if this is the case, simply adding refrigerant will will only be a temporary fix and the system will soon just be only cool again. The system should have leak dye introduced into the system and then the leak can more easily be found. If the refrigerant levels are good, than this can also be a case of a clog in the system somewhere. Very commonly on these vehicles is a clogged orifice tube. This is a plastic and mesh tube which tends to get clogged on the mesh part. So, this should be inspected and replaced as needed as well. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.