Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Well i can't tell if it is the starter or the starter relay.

Customer Question

well i can't tell if it is the starter or the starter relay. it starts just fine, real strong. then drove about 100 miles, parked swam for 1 hour came back and nothing. checked battery and cables all fine. no clicks, nothing. then about the time AAA had a guy on the way tried it and it started strong. did this one time before.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: nope battery is good and strong. had that checked by AAA
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2005 cts
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not really. just checked the battery via aaa. checked all battery cables. nothing else
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the AAA guy kind of scared me. said that you have to remove the top end to get to starter. sounded funny to me. I see it is changed much like another starter....correct
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if you get any clicking noises when the engine will not start?