Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

We have a 04 Cadillac SRX...replaced the magnetic ride

Customer Question

Hello...we have a 04 Cadillac SRX...replaced the magnetic ride struts with regular shocks so had to disconnect the electronic control wires and know we keep getting an error message about checking the stabiizer/suspension system. Cant get rid of the message. Online info indicates resistor should solve the problem. Perhaps I haven't found the correct resistor. Can you suggest something to try next
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: We noticed the fluid prior to changing the struts. But the car is older and we did not want to replace with the expensive struts
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, we tried adding resistors to the MRC wires, as suggested by strutmasters.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really, we just want to stop the error message so we can sell the car
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Sorry for the excessive wait time. If help is still needed let me know and I will try to assist.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I see that you have just charged our Visa account $30 for advise that I have not received. The question was how do I stop the warning message to check the suspension/stabilizer system on my 2004 Cadillac SRX. It is happening since I replaced the Magnetic Ride Control electronic front struts and replaced them with regular shocks. Strutmasters conversion kits include a bypass resistor module however will not sell the fix separately.
If I am to be charged $30 for your advise then I expect the problem to be addressed not the above reply. Please advise what resistor to wire in: ohm and watt size or any other fix that would stop the Drivers Information Center messages.

Since you have concerns about the question fees. I am not allowed by the site to answer those. I will opt out and allow another to assist.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I only have concerns about the fees charged because there was not anything in the 4 points in your answer that mentioned anything about the problem that I was asking for advise on. If I'm missing the answer somewhere in your reply, I apologize? If so how do I find it?