Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

O8 escala ext 6.2 has now 3 times while pulling my traval

Customer Question

o8 escala ext 6.2 has now 3 times while pulling my traval trayler no codes dealer had for a week could not figure out problem runs great no problems other wise have replaced neg battery cable crack sensor has not done sense pulled boat several times but not camper. dont want to go threw towing and all of that in the middle of no where please help me with peace of mind
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: no it was the crank sensor
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 08 escalade ext
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade EXT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: neg battery cable crank sensor fuel pump tested no dealer has been doing work
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
its dies all of a sudden will start again sometimes after 30 min.or so that was escallade ext
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if it starts running rough before it dies or does it just shut right off?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just shuts off then will start again in 30 to 45 minutes and run just fine .
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have replaced the crank sensor and negative battery cable. And cleaned injectors
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is ok dont have him call and dont charge me. How ever I have not got an answer for email.