Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It will startup and it'll sit in idle with no problem. Is…

Customer Question
It will startup and...

It will startup and it'll sit in idle with no problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

Is that three hundred fifty thousand miles on it it's an LT1 5.7

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

Once I try to take off on it it stalls out I've changed ignition control module I've changed the fuel filter of change the fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cadillac?

It's a 94 Cadillac Fleetwood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Like I said I put a new fuel pump on a new fuel filter on a new ignition control module tomorrow I'm going to put on a EGR valve and a fuel pressure regulator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it wise for me to get to EGR valve in a fuel pressure regulator or do you think it's the crankshaft position sensor or throttle control sensor

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
7/13/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually with this issue here it is a fuel issue.If it was egr usually the engine would run rough or even stall out at idle.Since the fuel pump was already replaced there is a chance this is the fuel pressure regulator at fault allowing to much fuel pressure back to the tank causing this fault here with the fuel pressure regulator needing replaced.I would start with the fuel pressure regulator first to see if this resolves the issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete