Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

2007 sts 198000. Started to idle rough and acted like it was

Customer Question
missing after dealer replaced battery...
2007 sts 198000. Started to idle rough and acted like it was missing after dealer replaced battery. on vacation and took it another dealer whom indicated all injectors needed replaced. $986 later now they are saying it will cost and aprox 2k as it's throwing cam codes... Totally lost here
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: started intermittent when we hit the mountains and slowed in traffic then went consist rough
JA: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've taken to dealership every time they just put all new injectors in that they indicated was the problem. called today to tell me it's going to cost another $2000 to investigate the new cam codes its throwing. no guarantee of fix
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've put over $5000 in this car in the last yr and it's not even worth that with the miles at this point. Is there anything I can try cheaper
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
7/13/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 4 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers y name is Ricardo. I don't understand why they are charging you so much after misdiagnosing it the first time, I am sure the problem was the cam sensors because they control injectors distribution of fuel into the engine, they replace all the injectors instead of the main problem cam sensors. How can all the injectors go bad at the same time is impossible. You should talk to the service manager and ask why was your vehicle misdiagnose and what is he going to do to fix it. Cam sensors replacement should not be that expensive even if all 4 cam sensors are replace it should not be more then 8 to 900$ best thing to do is take it to a well known repair shop and have them replace the cam sensor i am sure it won't be more than what i said before. There is no easier way to fix this problem other then replacing the sensors and solenoids related to cam timing this are sensors the computer uses to relate cam and crank position to put the right amount of fuel on the cylinder at the precise time when the piston is coming up in compression and spark is about to fire the cylinder to create combustion

They are claiming there was no way to diagnose the problem before replacing all of them. And they've also said it's 9.5 hrs of labor cost involved. I will see what they say but have no intentions on paying them any more then I agreed just to get the car back. I am aprox 450 miles from home on vacation and I am hopeful I should be able to make it home to have someone closer to home look at it

Yes that will be the best choice. you should also Call Cadillacs customer service and explain what happened tell them you are not happy with the service that one of their representing dealers did to your car...then go on by explaining to them what happen and also tell them you had the injectors tested for Hi or Low resistance and they were found to be perfect at 12.2 to 14.0 Ohms of resistance. Go by telling them you are a faithful Customer to Cadilac because you have nothing but good experiences with their products until now is making you want to by from another manufacture. What can they do to help you with this problem.

You have to know how to talk to customer service at the manufacture they will review your case and have you take the vehicle to a dealer near your address and have it diagnose properly and fix and all you have to pay is for the parts, I have seen this happen in many occasions.

Thanks for all of your help and I appreciate your input. What you are saying is very true about my loyalty to caddilac. I love my car and if they don't fix this I'm definitely switching to mercedes. I'll be sure to follow up

yes let me know if they help. thank you.

Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech