Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a 2003 escalade ext the engine light flashes when you…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 escalade ext the engine light flashes when you hit a bump in the road when it blinks it shuts the engine of for a second and comes back on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The check engine light it blinks on and goes right off as you hit the bumps in the road

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade EXT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes the battery cables where lose got those tight worked good for about three hours on the highway and has got ten wours thanking maybe a bad ground to the motor because if you step on the gas in park you can fill the motor torque and the light blinks and goes off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No this is where im at

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
7/8/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. obviously something is loose. this is what I would do. pull the cover off of the engine compartment fuse box and press down on every fuse and relay, make sure they are all seated fully. and make sure you can not move the battery terminals by hand.

just checking in to see how its going

I got it the was a wire coming out of the main wire harness it grounds to the back of the motor it had melted so spliced together with some new wire ran over to the main ground on the fire wall and no more problems

very good find, glad you got it.

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic