Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a caddilac cts 2006, replaced the alternator 4 times…

I have a caddilac cts...
I have a caddilac cts 2006, replaced the alternator 4 times and it will not charge. New battery, original alternators tested bad, and one of the four purchased tested bad also. Other three bought from 3 different locations and different auto part stores. Any clue what is going on?
6/17/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

That is sad, one time it took me 9 alternators from various parts stores until I gave up and bought one from the dealer.I should have gone there first.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor