Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

The foot wells on the driver and passenger sides are soaked

with water. I think it...
The foot wells on the driver and passenger sides are soaked with water. I think it is because the A/C drain hose is clogged. I don't know where the hose is
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: Yes.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: DTS 2010
JA: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes....right now I have the carpets pulled up on both sides and I have a fan drying them out.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was in New Jersey 2 weeks ago and I had to have the water pump replaced at the Cadillac dealer. I don't think this is related to my wet floors
6/18/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

I have found out as I am helping all the customers whom have waited to long. Many no longer needed help. If you still need help let me know.

Hi Moose,
I still need to locate the A/C overflow port that comes through the firewall and into the engine compartment.
I want to clean it out so that the condensation does not flow into the foot wells of the passenger compartment
Any suggestions that you can suggest to do the clean out would be appreciated.
Thanks

There is not an actual image of the drain in the repair guides. If the passenger rests there feet directly in front of them. The drain should go through the firewall near the top of there left foot.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

IF I remove the glove compartment would I be able to see the drain going through the firewall?

You cannot see it from inside the vehicle unless the dash and HVAC box is removed. You can only see it on the outside on the firewall with the vehicle on a rack.

Thanks Moose...I will take a look to see if I can find it when I have the front end up on jack stands.
If you have any pictures or illustrations that you could provide that would be great.

As mentioned prior the drain for the evaporator are not shown on this model and very rarely any vehicle..

Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician