eric remington
eric remington,
Experience:  mechanic/service advisor at topline auto
95415974

Always had a very rough ride particularly on the front even

Customer Question

always had a very rough ride particularly on the front even at 2mph over parking lot speed bumps it almost kicks back as youre going over
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2012 esv 2wd platinum
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will probably fix myself. seems there are several shock/spring solutions all seem to eliminate the electronic component some eliminate the rear air bag
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: the front has been an issue from day 1
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know I had a big leak on the front left shock in the last two weeks and the back two both had some fluid and dust accumulation on the shock. I have probably lost all the fluid in the shocks now and an extremely rough ride....but given the rough front end to start with I'm looking at ALL OPTIONS for replacement/repair
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  eric remington replied 4 months ago.

well if you have lost fluid to that degree then you need to replace the components with original equipment parts or kyb moog or monroe

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This escalade rode rough from the time it was new. I don't need someone to charge me 20 to tell me what fluid loss means on a shock. I want to know about the original equipment issue with the ride as I described before any fluid loss now. So either do some research or refund my money

how many miles on vehicle? what is vin number? just because you have always had this problem doesn't mean that the struts/shocks don't need to be replaced...could there be other issues? sure but if you have substantial loss of fluid from the struts they need to be replaced...period...I will research other issues when you get me vin number and mileage if you don't want my help I will opt out

are you the original owner?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Again I need some research or refund my money. I grew up farming and have worked on engines tractors autos my whole life. I know they need replaced now but there was. Issues with the type of ride from day one so I need advice on replacement and whether to override the autorode system. The ride code is z95 on this vehicle

over ride? please explain

are you original owner and what is mileage? thank you for providing vehicle id number

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Apparantly I already know far more about this than you. Look up any replacement shock and you will see what I need. Just refund my money now

ok I could research this for you...perhaps someone else may have a better perspective than me so I will opt out...thank you for using just answer