Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My keys was stuck in my ignition wouldn't shift out of Drive

Customer Question

Ok. Okay my keys was stuck in my ignition wouldn't shift out of Drive but I got now I got the key out and it will shift but it still won't start check the fuse boxes all the fuses are correct the module seem to be okay I mean the ignition module seems to be working but I just can't get it to turn over and I'm desperate to get this car running cuz I got surgery and stuff so you know give me a chance
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2006 Cadillac Dts
JA: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Tried reset by the battery negative post and positive tapping it 3 times
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Just tested it 12.4
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried to jump the ignrelay 30 and 87 like tube said would startiy
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Have you checked the shifter cable for any issues?In allot of cases I have seen the shifter cable cause this fault here with it needing adjusted or replaced.If the shifter doesnt feel right when shifting in and out of park usually it is he shifter cable needing replaced or adjusted.

If this was already checked let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete