Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cady escalade ext, 2007, replace rear air shocks with monroe…

Customer Question
Cady escalade ext Mechanic's...

Cady escalade ext

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Escalade EXT?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade EXT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replace rear air shocks with monroe and need to know the kind of resistor i need,,thank you, Guy

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

Message service suspension since i replace shocs,,,,truck 105k........

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, tanks

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
5/19/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

If you have the old air suspension shocks, check the resistance on them to get the ohms you need for the resistors to bypass the system and turn the light off. They do vary a bit from vehicle to vehicle, but usually somewhere between 400 and 900 ohms.

If you dont have them anymore, then install variable resistors so you can dial it in until the light is turned off

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager