Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2001 Cadillac Deville that started overheating my

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Cadillac Deville that started overheating my car said engine hot AC shut down when I try to turn my heat on it's blowing cold air and when I go to take the anti-freeze cap off the reservoir the reservoir fills up with Antifreeze and then slowly weeks out but when I'm parked and shut the car off you can see it leaking down out of the car but you can't see from where
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

The fact that when running hot there is no heat means the water pump is not moving enough coolant or there is a head gasket issue that is allowing air to be packed into the cooling system. Since you also have noticed an external leak. A cooling system pressurizing pump would help find that leak due to it being able to max out the pressure which would show you a stream of coolant spraying out.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris