Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I have a 1995 cad. Seville sts. with the 4.6L. Eng. It

Customer Question

I have a 1995 cad. Seville sts.
JA: Are you fixing your Seville yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: with the 4.6L. Eng. It starts hard Hot, or cold, It may even back fire A bit..When it does start and warmed up good It will not idle at a steady RPM between 1,000 and 2,ooo without lobing.. I think the gas MPH is not good to.. What to check????
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It has used more gas than it should...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No...
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would have the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks as this will cause this type of fault here.Loose or damaged vacuum hoses or intake gaskets leaking allowing excess air to enter can cause this fault here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete