Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My radio section stopped working. It will not come on and

Customer Question

my radio section stopped working. It will not come on and there is no display
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It came with the car
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2006 cts
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not trying to fix it just looked at the fuses but did not see any marked radio
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that the whole display was working today and we stopped for lunch and when we returned to the car we had no radio or other items in the dislpay
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What happens is the radio/display itself can fail and cause this issue here.In some cases all that is required is updated programming from a dealer to resolve this issue but in other cases the radio itself has to be removed to have it repaired or replaced to resolve this issue here.I would have the power and ground signals tested to the radio to make sure that this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete