john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

Car ran perfect, took car to mechanic for radiator leak. He

Customer Question

Car ran perfect, took car to mechanic for radiator leak. He replaced radiator, took it for a ride and said it needed a new fuel pump. Car is 1996 Cadillac with only 80000 miles. Stated on the dime, never stalled, kept up speed. I feel mechanic is. Taking me being an elderly woman
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 3 months ago.

thats hard to say...did he tell you why you need a fuel pump?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He said the car turned off while driving got it started, returned to shop and would not start
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No he called and said it needed a new fuel pump, because it stalled and would not start.

its very possible it failed under his care...but its very difficultto prove or deny without towing it to another shop to check for tampering...the fuel pump is in the fuel tank..

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Am I going to get an answer or not. Its 7:53 pm have to pick up car at 8:00 am tomorrow.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Answer please

its very possible it failed under his care...but its very difficult to prove or deny without towing it to another shop to check for tampering...the fuel pump is in the fuel tank.. its very unlikley he tampered with it...its 20 pus years old it likley just failed under his care