Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 2014 Cadillac SRX that has 23,000 miles on it and

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2014 Cadillac SRX that has 23,000 miles on it and needs a catalytic convertor replaced. is this a red flag?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just want to know if this vehicle would be safe to purchase or should I stay away? dealership thinks its no big deal, bit a 2014 with 23,000 seems like a red flag to me?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Joe,

The catalytic converter are designed to last 100,000 miles and its very rare for them to fail at 23,000 miles. If this one needs a converter already with such low miles then yes I would call that a red flag. I think if it where me I would stay away from this one if in fact the converter has failed already.